It is probably the most common plumbing issue to have a drain cleared. Stuck drains can be caused by many different things.
In addition, garbage disposals, toilets, and shower drains are frequently clogged. There is a common reason for this: things meant for the trash normally go down these drains. In addition, these drains receive a significant amount of water.
Regardless of the main issue, you’ll need the help of a professional plumbing specialist. These are the typical costs of clearing a blocked drain in Sydney, so you don’t get stung with a hefty bill.
Cleaning Sydney Blocked Drains – Average Price
An average price for drain cleaning/replacement in Sydney is given in the following table. According to the type of blockage, it is averaged. You should keep in mind that the price will depend on a number of factors, including whether there is a drain blockage, how it is unblocked, callout fees, and whether new pipes or replacements are necessary. Additionally, many plumbers offer no call out fee for blocked drains, as well as free drain camera inspections. However, the price for the actual drain clearing is usually raised to compensate.
|Blocked Drain Type||Cost Range|
|Cost of a callout||$0 – $100|
|Emergency callouts overnight||$150 – $250|
|An examination of drain cameras||$0 – $150|
|(Kitchen, Bathroom) Simple Method to Unblock Drains||$100 – $150|
|Unblocking the Complex Drain||$250 – $400|
|Replacement of a portion of the pipeline system||$1,800 – $3,000|
|Complete Drainage System Replacement||$5,000 – $20,000|
An analysis of the factors influencing the cost of drain unclogging
How are drains unblocked? There are instances when special equipment is required to determine a problem, and the cost will increase. Costs associated with drain clearing include the following:
- Inspecting drains with a drain camera – Some plumbing companies provide drain camera inspections as part of a cleaning service, others do not.
- Charges for callouts – You will almost always be charged for a callout. During late-night hours, emergency calls will increase.
- Blocked Area Size – A large blockage might take a while to clear, or you might have multiple blocks.
- Hourly rate: – Flat rate callout fees for drain blockages are far more common these days than hourly rates. In Sydney, however, if you are paying an hourly rate, you can expect to pay between $90 and $130 per hour, which is more expensive than in other major cities.
A Process for Unblocking Drains
With hydro jets, drains can be cleared.
This is basically high-pressure water with the ability to get rid of tree roots, grease, and scale. A water storage tank and various nozzles for specific activities are included in the hydro jet. Depending on the work, it shoots water into drains at a pressure ranging from 1500 to 5000 PSI.
Make certain to enquire about the methods used by your plumber to clear the drain. Previously, ‘electric eels’ or ‘snakes’ were utilised, but they had a tendency to damage the pipes. Hydro jetting has the extra benefit of scouring the inside of the pipes all the way through, restoring them to their original state. Before pipe relining, hydro jetting is almost usually employed.
Clearing a Blocked Drain – The Bottom Line
The final conclusion is that clearing a simple blocked drain in Sydney can cost you between $90 and $200.
The cost is determined by the callout fee and the amount of time required. If you’re being charged more than $200 to remove a basic blocked drain with no hidden fees, you might want to consider alternative Sydney plumbing services.
Sydney Emergency Plumbers has specialised drain cleaning plumbers who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can unclog your drain in minutes at a very low cost. The great part is that you’ll know exactly how much you’ll pay before we even walk in the door. Because we understand that openness and honesty are essential for effective communication. Call us now on 962 24 888 for a free upfront quote on blocked drain removal in Sydney.
Can I unblock the drain myself?
Technically, you are not allowed to do this. In New South Wales, you need to get either a drainer or a licenced plumber to unclog drains. Of course, for a minor block of your kitchen sink, feel free to pour down a solution to see if it does the trick. It is best to do as much as you can in your home but to call in speciality services when necessary.
How long does it take to unblock a drain?
Once everything is set up, the drain can be unblocked in as little as 5 – 15 minutes. With the hydro jet process, the water will quickly blast through any debris, leaving your drains as good as new (nearly). You will also have to allow for a drain camera inspection, which can take around a couple of hours for a standard-sized house.
What are the common causes of blocked drains?
Blocked drains are usually caused by incorrect items flushed down a toilet, but there are many causes. These include:
- Grease/Oil Buildup – Kitchen drains often clog due to fats and organic debris buildup.
- Hygiene Products Blockage – Nappies, certain sanitary wipes, rubber materials, plastics, etc, are not meant to go into the toilet.
- Unprofessional Installation – If the pipes are not correctly installed, it can easily leak to blockages.
- Tree Roots – Pipes that run outside the home will not be able to deflect a downward growing tree root from piercing it. Debris can then accumulate around the root.
How do I find the right company to unblock my drain?
There are a few preliminary questions you need to ask:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you licenced and insured?
- Do you charge upfront fixed fees or hourly?
- Do you offer same-day service?
Emergency Plumbers Sydney have been in business for 30 years, are licenced and insured, charge upfront fixed fees, and offer same-day service.
Call us now on 962 24 888 for rapid drain clearing services from Sydney specialists.